Monday, February 15, 2010

Back in the Saddle

It's been awhile since I've updated this blog, and I've got a lot of cleanup to do. Meanwhile, check out my other political blog for more other political talk that's less-directly election-related.

A lot has happened since President Obama's inauguration (I admit, I didn't see that coming back in December 2007), not the least of which was a complete shift to the Democrat aisle in Congress (including a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate) followed by a subsequent loss of that same majority and an emerging shift back to the right.

The latest shocker is that Indiana Democrat Evan Bayh has announced his retirement from the Senate at the end of this term. Given that the latest polls give him an 18-20 point advantage over either of the favored GOP candidates, this is stunning news. I'm going to have to mull this over for a bit before I analyze, but it makes things very difficult for Hoosier Democrats: the filing deadline for the Indiana primaries is approaching very rapidly.

No comments: